Wednesday 16 December 2009

Thanksgiving at the Ambassodors

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving because I had by far my best one of my Thanksgivings spent away from home. All of the Peace Corps volunteers were invited to the Ambassador’s residence for a pool party. It was awesome we had free drinks for two hours before the dinner. We got a chance to see everyone we had not seen in a long time and it was really cool. It was the first pool party slash Thanksgiving day that I have ever been too it was also the first time had been somewhere it was 90 degrees on Thanksgiving. They had fans out in the yard so you could sit in the shade with a fan on you. So I played catch with a football in front of a fan which was another first for me. They also put us up in houses of Americans working at the embassy so we got to take hot showers and use an actual toilet. It was like being in America for a day. We even went to sports bar in Accra and played a trivia game and watched some football to really awesome things at the same time. This bar was just like being in America they oddly enough had a power cat flag up in the bar which I thought was awesome. It was just like being in America for a day without the 12 hour flight. Thanks for paying taxes everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment