Wednesday 16 December 2009

Swearing in and Saying Goodbye to Addo-Nkwanta

Well we finally made it to swearing in, training is at times fun but mostly it was brutal. It lasts so long and there is so much stuff they try and teach you but it is impossible to teach us everything. I swore in as a Peace Corps Volunteer on August 13 and it was quite the celebration I have put some of the pictures up online I suggest you check those out. The shirt I am wearing was given to me by my home stay and she made a matching dress in the same cloth so we could be wearing the same thing it is something else. We had a big party that night and I said goodbye to everyone that I had seen virtually every day for 3 months. Personally I was looking forward to not seeing some of them so I was excited. I did however have to say goodbye to Auntie and my adopted family in Addo-Nkwanta it was sad but I am pretty sure that I will go back to visit someday. It was pretty sweet when I was leaving I think Auntie was crying a little bit because she was sad that her “son” was leaving. I ended up going straight to site after swearing in some of my friends took trips but I was ready to get everything started and I was tired of most of the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment