Wednesday 16 December 2009

New Postings

just want to put a little disclaimer in here that I am writing all of these first posts a couple of months after they all happened so I have the benefit of hindsight and an idea of how things worked out. So they may lack some of the excitement and enthusiasm of the actually time but they will also include the most important parts. I think they will give you a good idea of what the last couple of months have been like for me.
First Post Philadelphia
Philadelphia- Well I got to Philly late because of delays in Chicago of course. It was not bad by the time I got to the hotel it was too late to eat anything so I got supper from a vending machine but it was better than nothing. My roommate did not get in until midnight. His name was Jason George and was from California. Interesting thing about Jason is he played water polo at Yale where he went to school. The next day we went to orientation it was really boring and was all about cultural sensitivity and what to do and, and what not to do in Ghana. The night before we left I got to meet up with one of my friend Brian who I lived with in China. We went out and had two beers it was really good to see him and he took me by the liberty bell. The next day we went to the federal building/clinic down the street and got our shots. We then took about a 3 hour bus ride to New York City JFK airport which was cool because we got to see a little bit of the city. Then we went on a 10 hour plane ride to Ghana. This was not too bad when I compared it to flying to China or Korea although I did not get any sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment